Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Contestant Profile - Jason

Learn more about the contestants of the Mr. LiVelocity Competition.


NameJason Herbert

Birth City, State: Harlem, NY

What are your hobbies or talents? I’m a visual artist of various types. Specializing in dance, I teach, direct, sing, act, and I am an entrepreneur. I definitely look forward to new hobbies and talents.

Did you go to college? If so, what is your degree in? I attended the Boston Conservatory in Boston Massachusetts. Major in Bachelors in Fine Arts: Dance.

What kind of music do you like? I like GOOD MUSIC. That includes genres across the board. From Hip Hop, Latin, Classical, Rock, House, Jazz. The list goes on. If you asked me what’s on my iPod, I'd probably say Chris Brown, Drake, Jamie Fox, Danity Kane, Hezekiah Walker, Britney Spears, or Big Sean. J

What most annoys you? What most annoys me are restrictions. I’m free at heart. I wish people could love whomever they want in life. I wish I could bathe outside in the fresh air like people did long ago. To cast barriers around basic human rights annoys me.

What is your source of motivation? A supreme being is my source of motivation. God if you will. I was given two things that I consider gifts: my life and my talent. How art changes the world motivates me and I’m given a chance to do that with my life and my talent. Amazing!

Who do you most admire and why? I most admire Sean “Diddy” Combs. Though criticized by some, as a black man, he’s built an empire around his name in entertainment and fashion, similar to what Rockefeller did with oil. I commend him for standing up against all odds and producing high quality WORK in the entertainment world and I admire it.

If you were to win ten million dollars in the lottery, what would you do with the money? If I would win 10 million dollars in the lottery, I would bless my family. Create family businesses and sew into the community. Then I would probably embark on a joint business venture with up and coming popular company, similar to Jamba Juice, and invest. Donate to a charity and then upgrade myself!

What is your hope for the gay community of color? My hope for the Gay community of color is to integrate ourselves respectfully in high levels or art, business, education, and politics. Show the world that though great, Paris is Burning isn’t the only example of the lifestyle. We can be Presidents and Kings. I ask that Gay men of color work hard and be patient to transition while constantly moving forward. 100 years ago, women couldn’t vote; didn’t have a say all over the world. That’s changed. In 100 years, gay men of color will be at the fore front. Just work hard and stay strong!

Do you have any questions for Jason? Ask the questions in the comments section and Jason will answer some of them.

No comments:

Post a Comment